[kictanet] Results Transmission System

Norman Boinett nboinett at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:23:58 EAT 2013

Some fundamental questions here.
1. As @brian notes why did we outsource development such a critical system
to outsiders?
2. If the RFP went out on 21st December and closed on 3rd January 2013 when
was it actually developed taking cognizance of the procurement process of
evaluation and award?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Dick Omondi <Dick.Omondi at ke.airtel.com>wrote:

> Perhaps there is need for a sector consultative group that will address
> issues related to procurement of this nature related to the public
> institutions; and that should by default include all operators and other
> stakeholders.

*“And one should bear in mind that there is nothing more difficult to
execute, more dubious of success, nor more dangerous to administer than to
introduce a new order of things; for he who
introduces it has all those who profit from the old order as his
enemies,and he has only lukewarm allies in all those who might profit from
the new. This lukewarmness partly stems from fear of their adversaries . .
. and partly from the skepticism of men, who do not truly believe in new
things unless they have actually had personal experience of them.”
*
(From Chapter VI of Niccoló Machiavelli,The Prince. Peter Bondanella and
Mark Musa,translators. Oxford University Press revised edition,
1984, p. 21.)