[kictanet] Has the ICT Sector Failed?

Erik Hersman erik at zungu.com
Wed Mar 6 14:04:54 EAT 2013

Agosta,

I did exactly that in order to get the info you find now on the Tumblr: http://iebctechkenya.tumblr.com/  (well, all except walk there, I hear Bomas isn't taking walk-ins at the moment).  :)

Most people actually in Bomas who know what is going on all answer that they feel uncomfortable commenting.  The responses are coming by the way of their press/media relations now (see Safaricom release on the above link or me chatting with Dorothy from Google).   That's not a problem, it's just to point out that it took us directly querying to start opening up some of the information.  We still don't have all of it.

I fail to see the problem with trying to find out facts and make them open to find and read.  I actually care a lot less about appointing blame, I want to know how it's built, who's doing what, and what went wrong.

Erik Hersman

www.ushahidi.com | www.iHub.co.ke
www.afrigadget.com | www.whiteafrican.com | @whiteafrican