[kictanet] Day 3:Ensuring Effective Implementation of the Laptop Project - The Key Variables :How would content be delivered and assessed? (Administrative & Institutional infrastructures at primary school levels)

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 12:49:10 EAT 2013

When it comes to delivery and assessment, we could look at what others are
doing, and maybe adopt or adapt that. For instance, there is the Ingots
certification that is delivered in Europe by the The Learning Machine
(TLM). This is an assessment and certification system that starts all the
way from lower Primary and even upto High school level.
The INGOT project is co-funded by the EU Leonardo Da  Vinci  transfer of
innovation programme. It aims to improve support for assessment for
learning and reduce the cost of gaining formal certificates  that are
referenced to the European Qualifications Framework. Partners are from Czech
Republic <http://ingots.cz/>, Bulgaria <http://ingot.adamsmith.bg/>,
Romania, Spain and Germany.

www.theingots.org

Evans

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM, James Kariuki <jkariuki at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Does anyone know what has been
> > happening and what is meant by intergrating ICT in education?, anyone
> > who knows what KIE has been doing in terms of digitization to avoid
> > duplicity?
>
> In addition to Barrack's questions above, it would be good to find out
> what changes have been done in the teacher education arena at the
> various levels: early childhood development, Teacher Training Colleges
> and the Universities iro teaching with ICT. Interventions at that
> level would go a long way in solving attitude and mindset issues in
> the teaching fraternity.
> --James

Kind Regards,
Evans Ikua,*