[kictanet] Kenya Internet Governance Forum, Registration Closes today at 4.00 pm

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 09:58:05 EAT 2013

Dear Listers,

The Kenya Internet Governance Forum will be held tomorrow 26 June 2013  at
the Strathmore Business School.
The draft program can be found on
http://www.kenyaigf.or.ke/index.php/about-kigf/kigf-programme. Registration
closes at 4.00 pm. We have limited spaces left, the event will be streamed
live on the Internet for those who will not be able to make it on site.
We will have an interesting program that will explore the role of the
Internet and ICTs in the devolved government system, Smart Cities  what
does the future hold by IBM,  enhanced cooperation by Grace Githaiga of
Kenya ICT Action Network, and Management of dot Ke space, opportunities and
challenges.
In the afternoon there will be an interesting presentation based on a
research by Lucy Purdon from the Institute of Human Rights and Business
based in the UK on Social Media and hate speech, during the session
panelists will include Richard Allan Director Policy EMEA, Facebook,
Stephanie Muchai from Article 19 and Stephen Chege head of Public Policy at
Safaricom, the legal framework session  will be moderated by Beryl Aidi of
the Kenya Human Rights Commission. we also expect Dr. Mutuma Ruteere UN
special rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism to join our discussions.
For the first time,  we will also have a public forum modeled around the
Internet cooperation for assigned names and numbers public forum that will
be centered around public participation in Internet Governance and ICT
development in Kenya. We encourage interested persons to register on the
Kenya Internet Governance website.

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno