[kictanet] IEBC acts to avert Safaricom exit from poll contract

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:54:06 EAT 2013

Who else do they use? As much as Safaricom are the obvious choice, it is
dangerous for a national body to stake its operations on one operator and
to act crippled if that operator is not on board. It MUST be requirement by
law, that IEBC engages at least two providers or two consortia of providers
one which provides redundancy. And these things are known to every middle
level manager in a middle level outfit who has ever dealt with suppliers, I
don't know why it is when we get to these levels we act like we don't know.

It is just common sense that you do not put national data on one platform,
period! Even when County governments are up and running, it will either be
that government gets another company to support Safaricom in data
transmission, or if none is forthcoming, government must set it up itself,
to have an alternative.

Regards

James