[kictanet] DotConnectAfrica's response to dot Africa Reserve Name Policy Discussions (Introduction)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 17:03:55 EAT 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Gideon <gideonrop at gmail.com> wrote:

> cTim,
>

>> I don't think they need to give reasons, just reach consensus.
>>
>> But they did, it is regarding lack of governmental support. This was
> clearly raised in Beijing.

It may have been raised in Beijing, but the Beijing Communique only says:

"IV. GAC Advice to the ICANN Board2
1. New gTLDs
a. GAC Objections to Specific Applications
i. The GAC Advises the ICANN Board that:
i. The GAC has reached consensus onGAC Objection Advice according
to Module 3.1 part I of the Applicant Guidebook on the following
applications:
3
.
1. The application for .africa (Application number 1-1165-42560)
2. The application for .gcc (application number: 1-1936-2101)"

That was what I was referring to in my previous post.

--
Cheers,

McTim