[kictanet] Consumer Protection and KPLC

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Feb 25 17:53:26 EAT 2013

On 25 February 2013 16:58, Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) <nmutungu at gmail.com> wrote:

> in addition to Kivuva's remarks, I always wonder, why are Kenyan
> parastatals/public and state owned companies so keen on making profits? Who
> told them their core mandate is to make profits? Why do they spend good
> money on media campaigns, praising themselves for making profits? What use
> is that profit, eg by KPLC if its not more wananchi getting electricity (or
> the ones on the grid getting reliable power?)

@Grace, this is a very sad affair. Don't forget that in 2011, the cost of
electricity went up by 65%, and has continued to go up, currently 100 units
of electricity are charged at about Sh1,538.85

Then we say we are competing with Egypt and South Africa in development and
investment, while their power is multiple time cheaper.
--
Mwendwa Kivuva