[kictanet] University of Nairobi Set Top Boxes

Lucy Kimani lkimani at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 21:33:11 EAT 2013

Agreed, Kenya has the capacity and should aim at Manufacturing locally as this is bound to become easier and cheaper with 3D printing for example see the Dutch architect who plans the world's first 3D-printed building.

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/blog/dutch-firm-to-create-3d-printed-house

Let me also add that there is a reason why majority of manufacturing machines are made in Germany, including those found in factories here in the U.S. and why President Obama was espousing the German educational system where by the time high school students are graduating, they have already had some vocational training.  The Germans have invested heavily in educating their children up to University level, and I would venture to say they reap huge ROIs.  The Germans are still reforming their education systems and I see no reason why Kenya should not embark on the same with a major focus at including vocational training in Secondary Schools.

http://www.bmbf.de/en/544.php