[kictanet] Use of TV white space by Indigo and Microsoft

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:01:20 EAT 2013

Came across this and in light of recent happenings I am curious to know the
regulators opinion on this and what technology these guys are actually
using.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/microsoft-teams-with-the-government-of-kenya-and-indigo-telecom-to-deliver-low-cost-solar-powered-broadband-access-using-cutting-edge-tv-white-space-technology-189739611.html

Why isn't using white space (which I assume is intentionally unallocated
spectrum) mainstream?

Am I missing something?

--
Regards,