[kictanet] Forming digital democracy team

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Feb 5 01:00:31 EAT 2013

Dr. Warigia,

This is a brilliant idea. Count me in.

We pray to have peaceful elections. We hope the new IG will coordinate
with all security agents to maintain law and order. From the recent
nominations, its clear that we still have people not keen on
maintaining the peace.
Regards

On 05/02/2013, Warigia Bowman <warigia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Kictanet colleagues
>
> I am proposing we form a digital democracy team for the upcoming Kenyan
> elections.
>
> The 2013 elections are likely to be contentious. Of course we all pray that
> they will be safe and peaceful. Further however, these elections are going
> to use ICTs such as phones, computers, cell phones, SMS, radio, TV and
> other technologies at an unprecedented scale.
>
> It would be fascinating to find out what impact, positive and negative
> these technologies have. The kind of study I am envisioning will also
> increase accountability of polling officials.
>
> Who wants to work with me to develop a survey and collect data at their
> polling station?
>
> Perhaps we can use the kictanet secretariat, or a room in Jacaranda to
> coordinate our activities. Or perhaps google or some other company on this
> list will volunteer a room?
>
> Sincerely, Warigia
>
> --
> Dr. Warigia Bowman
> Assistant Professor
> Clinton School of Public Service
> University of Arkansas
> wbowman at clintonschool.uasys.edu
> http://democratizingegypt.blogspot.com
> View my research on my SSRN Author page:
> http://ssrn.com/author=1479660

Mwendwa Kivuva
For
Business Development
Transworld Computer Channels
Cel: 0722402248
twitter.com/lordmwesh
transworldAfrica.com | Fluent in computing
kenya.or.ke | The Kenya we know