[kictanet] Forming digital democracy team

Warigia Bowman warigia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:10:46 EAT 2013

Dear Kictanet colleagues

I am proposing we form a digital democracy team for the upcoming Kenyan
elections.

The 2013 elections are likely to be contentious. Of course we all pray that
they will be safe and peaceful. Further however, these elections are going
to use ICTs such as phones, computers, cell phones, SMS, radio, TV and
other technologies at an unprecedented scale.

It would be fascinating to find out what impact, positive and negative
these technologies have. The kind of study I am envisioning will also
increase accountability of polling officials.

Who wants to work with me to develop a survey and collect data at their
polling station?

Perhaps we can use the kictanet secretariat, or a room in Jacaranda to
coordinate our activities. Or perhaps google or some other company on this
list will volunteer a room?

Sincerely, Warigia

--
Dr. Warigia Bowman
Assistant Professor
wbowman at clintonschool.uasys.edu
http://democratizingegypt.blogspot.com
View my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1479660