[kictanet] CCK shuts down illegal broadcast transmitters

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:21:59 EAT 2013

True Gilda
I am re-posting the ruling made by Justice Majanja on 18th January 2013, which I believe is the basis of CCK's moving ahead to shut down the illegal transmitters. Others were warned and complied including Capital FM.
I urge listers to read before judging CCK.

This court case between RMS and CCK has been going on for a while. Please read:  http://kenyalaw.org/CaseSearch/view_preview1.php?link=70542457891338696266282
Let me say that I am  talking as someone who engaged previously in applying for frequencies for a set of stations.  CCK has very clear requirements and one of them is not to interfere with others' frequencies.