[kictanet] Fwd: UPDATE ON NEW TRAFFIC LAWS FROM YOUR SAMBAU TEAM

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:04:02 EAT 2013

Well, Ng'ethe, in the court, the judge did not have time for explanations.
The first question was whether I was aware of the offence. I answered in
the affirmative. Secondly, whether I had anything else to say. I had to
defend myself, because, I think, psychologically, they make you fear. The
first person on the dock was fined 20K for changing lanes at Nyayo Stadium
Roundabout. Another one was almost fined 100K for  having a defaced driving
licence and a non-working brake light. Had it not been for the intervention
of the prosecutor who said the fine should be between 5K and 10K, that guy
was almost crying. The various law books on the table, were giving varied
opinions on the fines to be imposed. Yet, another offender wanted to argue
his side of the story, only for the judge to tell him to wait for another
moment.

That's how psychologically people are tortured, especially first timers,
like me.