[kictanet] We must tread carefully on cyber security

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 11:19:47 EAT 2013

@Ali,

your comments sound like ITU-WCIT debate Reloaded :-)

Let me be cheeky abit.

If SPAM can ONLY be tackled by technology - why hasn't it been tackled? Indeed the technology that could kill spam (e.g. PKI deployment at IP, SMTP, DNS-SEC, etc- apologies for the Tech jargon) has been with us for over 10years...how come spam refused to die?

Dont get me wrong, I am still civil-society biased. It is just that I get worried when solutions to complex problems are straight-jacketed into one block (tech, political, legal or otherwise).  I think the solutions do not lie on ONE of the above, but all of the above.

walu.