[kictanet] CCK Denies being involved in Telkom Kenya/France

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Thu Aug 29 13:08:29 EAT 2013

My sentiments exactly.  High quality fiber is the foundation of the
Internet economy in Kenya and 1K per Mb is fine by global standards - there
just needs to be more availability:

* This solution won't help everybody
* This solution won't help the poor
* This solution won't help the rural
* This solution will empower the 1% of serious technology people in the
main cities to create businesses and develop global-calibre skills ... and
those businesses will be the bedrock that supports the three points above.

BTW, JTL Faiba offers fiber for those prices and it's very high quality
with no caps as far as I can tell.

--
Kili.io - OpenStack for Africa: kili.io
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>