[kictanet] Laptops for 2014 class 1 entrants - justified

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 10:13:29 EAT 2013

Hi Listers,

As many of us continue to throw stones in the dark I have decided to acquire a lantern and in addition light it so that I have some semblance of visibility.

My children, 3 of them, have the unfair advantage of living in a house with a PC ratio of 1.2:1 with dedicated internet access and electricity in the home which is a situation that I would like to see made available to all children across the social and geographical divide.

Many of us believe that if such resources were to be made available to all and sundry then their own children will have to work harder to rise above the rest so they prefer to exclude as many other children so as to continue sheltering their progeny.

This level of selfishness has been played out in may facets including wanting to have children from private primary schools given total and absolute access to National secondary schools therefore further marginalising those from maginalised regions, which is extremely scary when a majority of those advocating this where beneficiaries of regional representation at National schools and University programs.

Back to my main point, my children are on holiday and they have been having too much fan playing kaati and warframe and with the burning of holiday classes they are not being forced to be in class during the holiday so I decided to use them to test the "blended" learning that I have been propagating in support of the Jubilee directive so I registered as a coach on Khan Academy and have been monitoring their activities remotely.

See the attached reports and extrapolate it to class, school, division, district oops county and national level to appreciate how much better our education will become, as we sleep and fight over petty side shows the rest of the world is moving in this direction and as we are not an island we shall soon feel the effects.

Teachers will become more accountable on a daily basis not after the class 8 results when all the students have failed and been relegated to perpetual poverty and no sensible corrective action can be taken, we moved from writing on the soil, to the slate then the exercise book the natural progression is an electronic device and trying to stop it is like "preventing a pregnant woman from giving birth - Raila Odinga on the new constitution".

We either midwife this delivery or stand aside as attempting an abortion at this stage in time will likely be detrimental to both mother and child.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor