[kictanet] Govt: Children will not take laptops home

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:22:44 EAT 2013

If I recall some information provided at the Strathmore briefing, 70+% of
our schools are off the electricity grid.

Solar infrastructure will cost about KES 3M per school (and it is wise to
budget 50% of this amount for annual maintenance).

We should query head teachers in our 20,000+ primary schools, who will in
turn query their teachers and parents.

100,000 filled questionnaires can provide some very good localized insight
:)

If they want mobile labs with dumb terminals accessing a powerful
workstation, let it be so.

(Problem is that this is a single point of failure - so maybe there could
be 2 workstations)

If it is laptops, let it be laptops being used in classrooms.

Let local communities suggest what will work best for them.

Blessings

Murigi / Stanley Muraya

*"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one
who takes a city." Prov 16:32*