[kictanet] Dr Ndemo Farewell

Paul Roy roykoikai at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:00:20 EAT 2013

Dr. Ndemo,

I would like to join my fellow KICTANET subscribers and the whole ICT
community in wishing you well in the coming days, months and years. Allow
me to point out the following marking scheme on your performance :-

Community Engagement - Excellent
Open door policy - Excellent
Honesty - Excellent
Execution of strategy - Good (Lots of your strategy were not executed quite
well)
Visionary - Excellent
Consumer protection - Excellent
Humor - Excellent
Politics - Poor (you are not a politician)
(KICTANET please update the list with your scores)

Based on these, you are a straight A (Excellent) PS. As such would like to
ask you to be a mentor to the incoming ICT Cabinet Secretary and a friend
to KICTANET. Am sure you will do well in whichever ministry you will be
blessed to join.

Remember to always look at various ways that technology can be used to
improve service delivery to the common mwananchi. We are all praying for
you to get that which your heart desires and if we happen to cross paths
again within the industry to God shall be the glory.

As for now take stock of what you have done so far and be proud!

regards,
Paul Roy.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Lydia Gachungi <
Lydia.Gachungi at unesco.unon.org> wrote:

> ******
>
> Dr. Ndemo,****
>
>  ****
>
> I am following this thread from Windhoek and I wish to add  that  It has
> been during your time at the ministry, that I do think  most  development
> partners   found  the Ministry  of Information and Communications  as their
> line ministry, most accessible, a vibrant  ministry  great to work
> with and I have faith that the pace you have set will  be
> accelerated by the new management coming on board. ****
>
>  ****
>
> Your active participation in this list has been outstanding and  through
> it, we did manage to pick  your brains and line of thought on many issues
> concerning your vision for  the  information and communication sector in
> this country, and this helped  greatly in aligning and planning  our
> activities in support of  the sector. ****
>
> ** **
>
> It is also during your time and with your support,  that Kenya worn the
> Global  UNESCO Rural communication prize in 2012,  the support and
>  partnership  during  the ICT policy process, support to World press
> freedom day  commemorations  among others  are a few  of the many areas  we
> managed to score  as a development partner,  through your support. ****
>
>  ****
>
> Like everyone else in this list has said, I am too sure of one thing, that
> this current government will indeed make good use of your unique brains,
> energy and enthusiasm in  taking our great country to the next higher
> economic level.  In whichever capacity you serve our people, you do have my
> very best wishes. ****
>
>  ****
>
> On a light note, before you leave, that is just in case you do,  *please
> subscribe the new  president and deputy  to this list*- Will be a great
> online  platform  to engage their great minds and share with them the well
> thought out issues and ideas raised through this platform.   ****
>
>  ****
> my very best wishes
>

> Lydia ****
>

> Lydia Gachungi
>
> Project Officer, Communication and Information  Sector****
>
> UNESCO Office in Windhoek****
>
> 38-44 Stein Street,Windhoek****
>
> P.O. Box 24519, Windhoek, Namibia****
>
> Tel: +264 61 291 7217, Mobile + 264 811448189****
>
> E-mail: l.gachungi at unesco.org, lydia.gachungi at unesco.unon.org****

"Change is slow and gradual. It requires hardwork, a bit of
luck, a fair amount of self-sacrifice and a lot of patience."

Roy.