[kictanet] Reviewing Kenya ICT Board Performance- You can write a guest post

Bitange Ndemo bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon Apr 29 13:30:22 EAT 2013

Listers,
It is an open secret that my departure from the Ministry of Information
and Communications is imminent.  As seconds, minutes and days tick by; I
take this opportunity to bid you all farewell.

During the last seven years that I have worked here, I have learned a lot
from you all. I could not have benefited from the learning experience
without your constant support, criticism and encouragement.  If I have to
do it all over again, I would not change anything to perform my duties
well. In my position as Permanent Secretary, I have gained considerable
knowledge and thus I shall always cherish this, as one of the most
satisfying phases in my career.

Further, I have shared a special bond with all of you both virtually and
in reality.  I shall take away with me special memories of our time
together. I remain committed to ideals of Kictanet and would remain active
in its deliberations.   I must admit that I may have underestimated the
amount of pressure there is to aspire for a job.  There are politicians
from my county trying to create a wedge between myself, Dr. Matian’gi and
Hon. Nyachae.  Others from other parts of the country can be summed as
extortionists and possible toll collectors at every level.  I shall
however, take the interview on Thursday and if fate has it that I shall
once more serve my country then I shall proudly do so.

It is now my singular honour to introduce Dr. Fred Matian’gi, our Cabinet
Secretary nominee whom I have had the privilege of knowing for the past
many years.  While I was in Standard 7, Dr. Matian’gi had just started
standard 1 at Manga Primary School.  His sister Margaret was my classmate.
 I have known him as an honest person and devout Seventh Day Adventist.
He has an impeccable record of integrity having served in several
governance programs.

Dr. Matian’gi is a fast learner and has extensively published.  We taught
at University of Nairobi together and his record as a lecturer was
faultless.  We simply have a great mind to steer our sector. I want to
take the earliest opportunity to wish him the best. Although Dr. Matian’gi
is a good friend, it will not be practical for us to work together.  The
constitution demands diversity.  We shall create fodder for politicians to
drive further wedge between us.  I have chosen friendship and will look
for alternative areas to serve my country.

Let me therefore wish each one of you the very best in all of our future
endeavors.

Bitange Ndemo.