[kictanet] Fwd: Request for Nominations - Young Technology Entrepreneurs: April 4 Deadline

Michael Bullut main at kipsang.com
Wed Apr 3 14:34:51 EAT 2013

Greetings Listers,

Know anyone who is interested?

Warm regards,

Michael.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jillian Usagi <jillianausagi at yahoo.com>
Date: 3 April 2013 14:33
Subject: Request for Nominations - Young Technology Entrepreneurs: April 4
Deadline
To: "main at kipsang.com" <main at kipsang.com>, Ondari Mogeni <dmogeni at yahoo.com>,
"mushiyid at yahoo.com" <mushiyid at yahoo.com>, "mercymasiza at gmail.com" <
mercymasiza at gmail.com>

DEAR ALL,

Could any of you be knowing some entrepreneurs in Science and techlology?

Please find below an opportunity from the us embassy.  if you know any pls
send them  the below details and ask them to answer the questions and send
them to me for forwarding to the us embassy by latest tomorrow afternoon.
pls read all the way till last sentence.

thanks

Jillian

Entrepreneur name(s):
Contact Information:
Venture name(s):
Brief description of the startup(s):

*For the purposes of this boot camp, we define Early and Growth Stage as
(please respond to one, either ‘Early Stage or Growth Stage’ ):*
*Early Stage: *
Is venture is for-profit :
Is your product or service in testing or pilot stage?:
Has it generated some revenue?:
How long have you been in business? :
Do you have least one team member currently working full time with the
venture?:
Have you already received at least one round of financing from friends and
family or other sources?:
Have you demonstrated that customers will buy from you?

*Growth Stage: *
Is the product or service in production?:
Is it commercially available?:
Does the company demonstrate significant revenue growth (but may or may not
be showing a profit)?:
How long have you been in business?:
Do you have a team working full time?:
Would you now know whether your product or services is highly scalable?:

Hi Jillian,
I just received this email whose deadline is tomorrow, would you know any
Kenyans out there who would benefit from the program.  Take care,
Halima

*Subject:* Request for Nominations: Young Technology Entrepreneurs

Hello Colleagues,

I am delighted to let you know that the Global Innovation through Science
and Technology (GIST) initiative is organizing an *East Africa Regional
Startup Boot Camp in Dar es Salaam on May 7-8, 2013*. This event assists
100 to 150 young science and technology entrepreneurs with developing
skills, such as pitching their startups to investors, bringing together a
good team to start their company, and accessing startup funding. Among our
esteemed American speakers/mentors is *Jeff Hoffman, co-founder of
Priceline.com*. This event will be similar to the highly successful GIST
West Africa Regional Startup Boot
Camp<http://gist.crdfglobal.org/docs/i-dare/senegal-brochure-web-version-july5-(2).pdf>held
in Dakar last year.

There are a number of travel scholarships available for participants from
Kenya, Uganda, Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, and Ethiopia. *We
would greatly appreciate your nominations of the most promising Early or
Growth Stage tech startups from your network for possible participation in
this event.* Please send the entrepreneur name(s) and contact information,
the venture name(s), and a brief description of the startup(s) you would
recommend for this event by COB Wednesday April 3rd.

For the purposes of this boot camp, we define Early and Growth Stage as:
Early Stage:
- Your venture is for-profit
- Your product or service in testing or pilot stage and may already
generate some revenue
- Usually in business less than three years
- At least one team member is currently working full time with the venture
- You may have already received at least one round of financing from
friends and family or other sources
- You have demonstrated that customers will buy from you

Growth Stage:
- Product or service is in production and commercially available
- The company demonstrates significant revenue growth, but may or may not
be showing a profit
- Usually in business for between three and five years
- Has a team working full time
- You now know that your product or services is highly scalable

Thank you very much for your assistance! We look forward to working with
the excellent entrepreneurs from your countries. Please let us know if you
have any questions.

Best,

Anna