[kictanet] Music Piracy in Kenya - Government can Help

Bernard Kioko [Bernsoft Interactive Limited] bkioko at bernsoft.com
Fri Sep 28 03:52:12 EAT 2012

James,

Not every Kenyan can play music from other forms. Some people still have
Cassettes and CD players. The issue of how music is sold to you is secondary
AFTER its copyright has been managed. Lets not confuse the issue of
copyright infringement with that of access to music.

Licensing limited number of duplicates just means an artist can tell the
person making CDs to make 100,000 for now and when they need to make more,
they contact the artist. On the internet though, downloads can move from 1
to 1m in day....