[kictanet] Music Piracy in Kenya - Government can Help

Bernard Kioko [Bernsoft Interactive Limited] bkioko at bernsoft.com
Thu Sep 27 20:48:07 EAT 2012

Muraya,

On your first question, YES!

Regards

From: kictanet
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+bkioko=bernsoft.com at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf
Of S.M. Muraya
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:36 PM
To: bkioko at bernsoft.com
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Music Piracy in Kenya - Government can Help

Does this mean the Kenyan Telco / ISP has evaded paying the musicians but
earned from bandwidth used to download their music?

My own observation / opinion is that Telcos (like most organizations) in
Kenya do not promote or market ethics in their own sales & marketing
departments. This could be the work of a rogue employee.

Management may not be using their CRM to keep track of the marketing
campaigns going on.