[kictanet] Music Piracy in Kenya - Government can Help

Alex Comninos alex.comninos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:48:36 EAT 2012

Hi

This is my first posting to the list.

@Tony:
On 26 September 2012 15:20, Tony Likhanga <tlikhanga at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Denis,
> Yes, you can legitimately buy music online from http://www.pewahewa.com/
> The beauty of it all is that the online shop  has endeavoured to incorporate
> as many payments options as feasible; making it very convenient to the
> average consumer.

This is a great development, I am going to use it to buy and discover
Kenyan music. Thank you for the link. I notice on my phone that
pewahewa does not have a mobi/WAP version. This is where WAPKID
perhaps has an edge in Kenya. WAPKID has a WAP/mobi site (hence the
name), and then normal website which tends direct one towards getting
them to download content on a mobile phone. I could imagine this
working well on an old Nokia feature phones.

Pehewa has no mobile site and would require an Android, Droid Tablet.
I could be wrong here I have only tested with an Ideos and this WAP
emulator, http://tagtag.com/site/info/emulator

WAPKid seems to have an unfortunate edge when it caters towards bottom
of the phone-buying pyramid users, both in user experience and of
course, unfortunately price.

Would strongly suggest Pahewa also goes mobi.

Kind regards,
Alex Comninos