[kictanet] SAP and Kenya ICT Board Partner on Skills Develeopment

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:18:13 EAT 2012

Muraya,

Its unfortunate the FOSS angle came into this debate, the real issue i
tried to bring out was well addressed by Prof Waema and i think we should
consider his thoughts where are our strategic priorities as a country and
what are the relevant government arms doing about it? remember perception
matters and whatever direction government takes becomes the standard for a
country, if SAP decides to shift to Middle East where does it leave us as a
country? this is the big picture i talked about its not about custom made
and off the shelf there are business men around who have been doing that so
its not a news pase (no pun intended) the real issue is the agenda being
driven by government.

Best Regards

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277