[kictanet] SAP and Kenya ICT Board Partner on Skills Develeopment

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 20:57:02 EAT 2012

Areba,

I see you raise the Open-source dimension - and knowing Barack's preference, I can now understand his worries.  That perhaps, we should be investing in  training for Open Source related ERPs...instead.

My view is that it is a big industry, big enough for BOTH Open Source (Linux+)  and Proprietary Solutions (M$, SAP, Oracle) etc. Even though I openly prefer Open Source platforms (writing from my Linux Laptop, run OpenSource Internet Infrastructure at the University, etc)  I dont believe that Proprietary Solutions MUST DIE in order for Open Source Solutions to THRIVE or vice-versa.

And as a University College, MMU is prepared to train for the whole industry, Open Source, Proprietary and Emerging. Just to prove it, Evans Ikua  was at MMU the other Month and we should be declared an LPI training center soon. So you see, we should embrace all technologies and apply them in different contexts as and when circumstances dictate.

walu.