[kictanet] Q: How are Kenyan telcos helping the police recover stolen laptops?

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:48:52 EAT 2012

Yes, noted these "rootkits" are activated if not installed before the theft
to report the laptop location using wifi / gsm but are our telcos helping
the police?

Once there is a police abstract an investigation is supposedly (or
definitely opened if law enforcement is financially motivated) so telcos
would not be breaking the law by helping.

Yes? No?