[kictanet] Hate text messages/KICA Section 29

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:47:13 EAT 2012

GG,

Intermediaries are liable to a certain extent, when a computer broadcasts
spam, its IP address is blacklisted and users might not be able to use it
to send mail until corrective measures are taken. I beleive this is meant
to ensure that the Intermediary is responsible for the content emanating
from the network? if this is the case, why shouldn't the government which
has a responsibility over the safety and security of every citizen not take
the intermediary to court to produce the the real culprit? Imagine what
would have happened in the the recent case when a child was kidnapped from
a City Church if the Intermediary had not been of assistance to the state
agencies, now that the populace understands the value of the Internet we
should start educating them about their rights responsibility on the net
same case applies to the Intermediaries, if this issues are not enshrined
in the law it will be total chaos (looking at it from a government
perspective)

Best Regards

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277