[kictanet] KeBS to re-emburse fake phone owners

John Gitau jgitau at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:11:00 EAT 2012

I'm not sure I understand where KEBS failed. Unless the phones being
switched off were actually certified by KEBS.

What we need is proper consumer advocacy/education. For many many things.
The consumers should know where to buy proper phones, and maybe some entity
like cck should take on the task of educating us (which they do), carriers
should ensure the sim is registered and an IMEI registers but they cant be
expected to know which are fake/accurate either. in the end the consumer
will bear the burden, if only to serve as a lesson. Then someone at our
borders obviously fails us.

jgitau