[kictanet] I don’t trust the CCK over this fake phone switch-off

Gichuki John Chuksjonia chuksjonia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 00:40:53 EAT 2012

For them to switch of a device, they must have hacked into them, and
that would be mean CCK have a very good malware and an uber zombie
network. They only thing they can do is to bar them from the networks,
not switch off.

./Chucks

On 9/30/12, Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Listers
> This is an opinion piece.
> IN SUMMARYAs long as phones require SIM cards to use, there really is no
> security implication of using a counterfeit mobile. One is already required
> by law to register SIM cards, so CCK had better come clean over thisThe
> Kenya Bureau of Standards is unable to detect fake phones and relies heavily
> on mobile phone manufacturers, according to the Business Daily. Ladies and
> gentlemen, Kenya is facing a plague of regulatory bodies receiving
> assistance from those they are meant to police.Already, two companies
> associated with phone manufacturers have materialised to recycle dead
> phones. Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Centre Limited is working
> in tandem with Samsung to recycle counterfeit phones, which will now be
> classified as e-waste.Nokia has a recycling drop-off point for unloved
> phones. Both operations recycle phones regardless of whether they are
> genuine or counterfeit. The furnace is the great equaliser for the
> electronic dead; they all go in together for cremation, regardless of the
> brand they carried in their former lives.I have a feeling that these
> counterfeits will be disembowelled for their parts, then electronically
> reincarnated as branded CCK-approved phones.
> http://www.nation.co.ke/Features/DN2/I+dont+trust+the+CCK+over+this+fake+phone+switch+off+/-/957860/1521346/-/item/0/-/wdpvvt/-/index.html

Gichuki John Ndirangu, C.E.H , C.P.T.P, O.S.C.P
I.T Security Analyst and Penetration Tester
jgichuki at inbox d0t com

{FORUM}http://lists.my.co.ke/pipermail/security/
http://chuksjonia.blogspot.com/