[kictanet] Elections 2013: BVR Kits a raw deal for Kenyans

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:44:17 EAT 2012

Hello Kenyans
Kenyans were conned, or something is afoot:I was listening to Lincoln
Njogu's interview on Radio Citizen this morning and it came out from the
IIEBC representative that the BVR kits are not networked. This confirmed my
suspicion the day I went to register as a voter. After looking and missing
seeing any device that would provide network connectivity on the equipment,
I asked the clerks if the voters details are updated in the central
database realtime and their answer was a NO. They send a flash disk to some
place every evening to have the records updated on something. And the way I
thought this was a "connected" (networked) system. No wonder the minister
said the Diaspora will not vote this time round. IIEBC says otherwise, but
don't say how they will vote. Kenyans WERE CONNED. These are standalone
electronic records, we just did put paper away, but I can bet my life the
system can be manipulated to serve sinister interests. My take on this
nonsense called BVR. Nonsense!--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE