[kictanet] [PK] Kshs 8.5 billion on just CCTV cameras within Nairobi?

Baiju Shah baiju at tele2media.com
Thu Nov 29 11:46:23 EAT 2012

Hey Listers,

Simple Maths at Sh. 8.8m seems to be high per location considering most of the areas will have the infrastructure ie the fibre in place etc. I am sure they are not planning lay more fibre, the could piggy back on the existing infrastructure  it seems to be very expensive for what it is, if anybody has some statistics from other cities where this has been deployed like Dubai or Singapore, this could shed some light.

Best Regards,

Baiju Shah
Tele2media Ltd
Telemedia Africa Ltd