[kictanet] Konza, a disconnect

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:07:00 EAT 2012

It kind of pains me to see/hear people thinking of Konza Techno City as a
"super-sized" iHub or Nailab....

Get it right folks, Konza is NOT a co-working space, nor an incubator, nor
both...It is intended as a complete city, albeit with a specific focus, or
bias towards technology.

Those of you who have followed the plans/proposals that have been expressed
through the crystallization process both via the master developer as well
as interested investors, Konza already has expressions of interest for the
development of:

   - Financial Services Cluster: similar to Nairobi's Upper Hill (which
   over the past years seems to have attracted most if not all the major
   actors in the financial services scene)
   - Research & Development Cluster
   - Information Technology Cluster
   - Several 5 Star Hotels
   - Several Universities
   - Several Hospitals
   - among others

Yes, I admit that co-working spaces and incubation will take place in/at
Konza - but these will be miniscule compared to the other
activites/infrastructure that will be based there.

Let's get it right folks - if we don't see the vision ourselves, how will
others who aren't even here with us?

Best regards,

Brian

  [image: logo]