[kictanet] Konza, a disconnect

John Kieti jkieti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:26:38 EAT 2012

Yes - even highly virtual teams do need locations for servers.

Perhaps even more important is knowing that you can meet all sorts of
partners and people in one place that through serendipity or otherwise will
contribute to growth of your tech entreprise. That's what physical hubs
such as iHub have began to demonstrate and this will be of much benefit
when scaled up through initiatives such as Konza City,

Regards

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Mark Mwangi <mwangy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Give me a technologically superior nation with poorly developed
> infrastructure. Its ok I will wait.
>

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM, S.M. Muraya <murigi.muraya at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Konza will function as a "Data Center" City I thought?
>>
>> Even highly virtual teams do need locations for servers, storage... etc
>>
>> No?
>>
>> :)
>> On Nov 26, 2012 9:17 AM, "robert yawe" <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>   Software development is no longer about a physical location, so as
>>> the world goes virtual we continue to move backwards obsessed with physical
>>> infrastructure
>>>

>>>      [image: Freelancer]
>>>
>>>        Freelancer.com is proud to announce that we have just acquired
>>> vWorker!
>>> Headquartered in Tampa , Florida , vWorker has over 2.5 million
>>> enterprise and professional users from around the world, who have been paid
>>> over US$139 million through the site from 1.3 million projects.
>>> Founded by Ian Ippolito in 2001 originally as RentACoder.com, the
>>> marketplace was one of the earliest companies of its kind in the world. It
>>> rapidly developed an exceptional reputation for attracting quality
>>> programmers and grew at an astonishing pace. From 2007 to 2010
>>> RentACoder.com was named by Inc. magazine as one of the 5000 fastest
>>> growing private companies in the USA . In 2010, Entrepreneur Magazine
>>> called RentACoder “one of the hundred smartest, most innovative,
>>> hands-down brilliant companies on our radar".
>>> Originally focusing on programming and IT-based work, in 2010 the site
>>> expanded to include a wide selection of work categories including graphic
>>> design, writing and more. To reflect this expansion, the company changed
>>> its name to vWorker - short for “virtual workerâ€.
>>> Over the next few days, we will be migrating vWorker users onto
>>> Freelancer.com. This is great news for our existing users as it makes the
>>> world’s largest marketplace even stronger with over 6.6 million
>>> professionals! This means more employers, more freelancers, and more
>>> opportunities. Current employers will see greater variety and competition
>>> among freelancers in the marketplace, while current freelancers will see a
>>> marked increase in the amount of work available on the site.
>>>
>>> Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing marketplace for small
>>> business. We connect over 6.6 million employers and freelancers globally
>>> from over 234 countries & regions. Through our website, employers can hire
>>> freelancers to do work in areas such as software, writing, data entry and
>>> design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing,
>>> and accounting & legal services. The average job is under US$200, making
>>> outsourcing for the first time extremely cost effective for small
>>> businesses.
>>>
>>> <https://www.freelancer.com/users/notifications/change-notifications.php>

> Regards,
>
> Mark Mwangi