[kictanet] Resign and seek to supply the system as an outsider

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 11:23:23 EAT 2012

Listers, I got this response from the Kenya Copyright Board on my tweet:
"Copyright for the System
Falls under our mandate but the Industrial Property Act Cap 509 Section 95 is
clear on the same - TECHNOVATIONS:  http://www.kenyalaw.org/klr/fileadmin/pdfdownloads/Acts/IndustrialPropertyActCap509.pdf

I have read this section 95 up to section 101 and it is VERY IMPORTANT for technovators to understand this law
and insist on a technovation certificate.
However, I think KRA should just stop being
dramatic and acting tough,  and compensate the young man as provided for
in Section 99. "Where the enterprise uses the technovation or
communicates it to a third person, the technovator shall be entitled
to a remuneration the amount and method of payment of which shall, in the
absence of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, be fixed
by mutual agreement between the technovator and the enterprise".