[kictanet] Interesting Story on Kenya, MOIC. Kudos Dr Ndemo & team!

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 14:49:41 EAT 2012

Yes. Ndemo has kept the fire burning from the time he and Mutahi Kagwe did
extraordinary things at the Ministry.

One thing these articles fail to capture is the drama of those days.

Dr. Ndemo can tell you how many threats he faced while trying to get TEAMS
to take off.

Things like when at a meeting abroad, a South African minister
inadvertently mentioned how they would control the proposed Eassy cable or
how Telkom SA, was frustrating the whole process because it was charging
exorbitant rates on the SAT-3 cable.

Ndemo standing up in SA and telling the delegation of African ministries
that if the next meeting did not resolve the issue of when the cable would
be laid, Kenya would go on its own, to which the South Africans laughed.

Or Ndemo and Kagwe going to the President to get an Executive Communique to
take to the Emir of Dubai.

Or the Finance Ministry telling Ndemo, in the face of the current Anglo
Leasing scandal, if we go ahead with this scheme, parliament will finish us
when it resumes.

Or when a rival cable representative tried to plead with Ndemo in his
office that they agree on pricing basically collude.

The tales around this are many.

Daktari amejaribu.