[kictanet] Internet in Buildings

Catherine Adeya elizaslider at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 23:30:02 EAT 2012

Listers,

I have been asked for some advice and I am a little stuck. Can anyone shed light on this? Is it true that one cannot be compelled to use a single provider for Internet installation in a building? Can a developer in a Commercial building insist that you must use their chosen provider at the cost they provide even if you own the rooms within the complex? What is your take on this below:

 Termination of Internet, telephone, television, fax and other ICT related services cables and
ports shall strictly be done in coordination with the Facility approved ICT Company at the
Owners/ Tenant cost. Pulling of cables and/or installation of satellite dishes shall not becarried out without written approval from the Facility Manager.

Best,

Nyaki