[kictanet] Fw: AFRINIC-16 Public Policy Meeting in The Gambia - Election Results

George Nyabuga gnyabuga at uonbi.ac.ke
Tue May 22 08:57:07 EAT 2012

Dear listers,

Below please find the announcement by AFRINIC CEO Adiel Akplogan on the
election of new Board Members.

Regards,

George

Subject: AFRINIC Elects New Board Members

Dear Colleagues,

As a result of the Elections for Board seats 5 & 6 that took place on
Friday 18
May 2012 during the AFRINIC-16 Public Member & Policy meeting, we are
pleased to announce the appointment of the following candidates to the
AFRINIC Board:

1) Paulos Nyirenda (Malawi) and Mark Elkins (South Africa) respectively as
Primary and Alternate Directors from the Southern Africa region.

2) Badru Ntege (Uganda) and John Walubengo (Kenya) respectively as Primary
and Alternate Directors from the Eastern Africa region.

The new Board members will serve for a term of three years starting 01
July 2012.
We congratulate the new Board Members and wish them success in their new
roles.

On behalf of the Election Committee, we would like to thank all the other
candidates who stood for this election. Their interest to serve the
community is highly appreciated.

Finally our sincere appreciation goes to the Elections Committee and its
Chair for their superb performance in coordinating the process.

Kind regards,

Adiel Akplogan
CEO, AFRINIC

and is believed to be clean.

 UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS ISO CERTIFIED

The University of Nairobi is committed to providing quality services to all
its clients. The University will monitor and review its quality performance
from time to time through an effective implementation of the Quality
Management System based on ISO 9001:2008 standard.

University of Nairobi Website: http://www.uonbi.ac.ke/