[kictanet] Revisiting Deadly Thika Road

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:13:45 EAT 2012

I concur.   And I think some of us might be reminded of  the people
Moses led out of Egypt  - and their endless
kvetching/whining/griping...and yet they were free - they had food and
they a sort of vision 2040 (40 years in the wilderness) ...but they
made it eventually.

Its good to look at the half full glass - rather than complain its not
a crystal glass.  Otherwise we should petition the government to
demolish Thika Road since it seems to bring more bad things than good
:-)

On 16 May 2012 11:28, James Mbugua <jgmbugua at gmail.com> wrote:
> Listers,
>
> I think it is a bit rich to be complaining about the
> yet-to-be-completed Thika Road yet just the other day people were
> complaining about spending endless hours in traffic where space to
> even overlap was not there.
>
> I speak to Engineer Kidenda so I might as well tell you what he has
> had to say on Thika Road.
>

> First of all, barring maybe rain delay, major completion of works is
> supposed to be done by end of June during which signage and painting
> will also have been done.
>
> Quoting Engineer Kidenda, new roads are not supposed to be used until
> they are complete and have been handed over. THat is what happens with
> most roads as drivers are forced to use diversions.
>
> It was impossible for this to be done on Thika Road so construction
> had to be done as the road is being used. END QUOTE.
>
> You have to appreciate the magnitude of that feat before we start
> complaining that the roads have not been painted or signs put up. That
> is the last thing usually done on roads.
>
> In the meantime, there is nothing special about Thika Road compared to
> highways in Johannesburg or London.
>
> What is SPECIAL is road users who have no courtesy and have the
> manners of village louts.
>
> These are the ones to blame not government agencies.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mbuguss

Francis Hook
+254 733 504561