[kictanet] Companies registry website cost 62 million, cant even search….

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:29:45 EAT 2012

Without mincing words, I would like to see a comprehensive audit of
the Kenya ICT Board and what it has actually achieved especially with
funds loaned to us from World Bank (IDA) which tax payers are meant to
repay.

There have been too many complaints about favouritism and opaqueness
in giving of grants and perhaps it is time that rather than give
grants the aardees get "financing" which they have to pay back once
their business picks and the ICT Board guarantees the loans so that it
is ultimately responsible.

THis Board needs clearly spelt out mandates and its positions must be
competitively filled from the top.

Instead of the CEO, his deputy and aides globe trotting apparently to
market Kenya they need to bring techpreneurs from Silicon Valley to Ke
nya. There is too much money wasted on these foreign trips yet it
takes an eternity to award a grant equivalent to one return ticket to
local entrepreneurs.

Something needs to be done!