[kictanet] The Size of this Elephant (from my blog)

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:02:28 EAT 2012

Hi all,

It has been a challenge finding an appropriate tool for the collaboration
and coordination of multiple inputs needed on the #140Friday Policy Paper.
We have tried to use Google Docs but that hasn't worked out very well.

I have found a lighter, and seemingly more appropriate tool called Sync.in
- please find the current draft at http://sync.in/uQhr7V3IO4 (which I am
continuing to update with scattered inputs gathered over the past 6 weeks
from here and there).

Please type in your name in the field on the right so that we can be able
to make attributions when the time comes.

Let's hope this works!

Best regards,

Brian

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Kukubo
>
> Would you mind sharing the working document developed as a result of
> 140friday? The discussion on this list pointed the policy document would
> have ramifications that affect SMEs in the ICT sector.  As Muchiri rightly
> points out, there lies a great wisdom on this list that would contribute to
> strengthening it.
>
> Rgds
> GG
> ------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:33:31 +0300
> From: pkukubo at ict.go.ke
> Subject: Re: [kictanet] The Size of this Elephant (from my blog)
> CC: paulkukubo at ict.go.ke; skunkworks at lists.my.co.ke;
> ke-internetusers at bdix.net; kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
> To: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
>

> Muchri
>
> Agreed. The Kenya ICT Board is concerned largely with matters of
> implementation. This discussion is critical because it touches on
> development of enterprises.
>
> If you read my blog, I suggested that enterprise development was a
> combination of many factors education included. And yes that engagement
> does take place.
>
> Paul Kukubo
> CEO Kenya ICT Board.
>
> On Tuesday, May 1, 2012, Muchiri Nyaggah wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> There's a possibility that within this list lies a great deal of wisdom
> that, when included in the #140friday conversation, would result in a
> document the PS would be glad to put before the Cabinet.
>
> Is it possible to have the working policy document on here for discussion?
> It is an ICT policy issue after all, isn't it?
>
> Paul, capability and capacity problems are solved in part through
> education. Is the KICTB consulting with the MoE on ways to improve this? Is
> there anyway KICTANET can contribute to help the conversation along?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Muchiri Nyaggah
>

> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Alex Gakuru <gakuru at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> I prefer public responses to public discussions to remain as such,
> maintaining the same spheres of intended audiences i.e. as policy opposed
> to the practice of public responses in certain tones 'compensated' through
> private messages in a different tone, unless the parties publicly agreed to
> take their conversation off list.
>
> Alex
>
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Paul Kukubo <paulkukubo at ict.go.ke> wrote:
>
> Alex
>
> Don't mean to be dismissive. On the contrary, I am curious as anyone else
> on this.
>
> While that is going on, we must keep our eyes on the wider issues that
> merit the discussions we have been undertaking.
>
> Asante.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On May 1, 2012, at 9:55 PM, Alex Gakuru <gakuru at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Brian Munyao Longwe
e-mail: blongwe at gmail.com
cell:  +254715964281
blog : http://zinjlog.blogspot.com
meta-blog: http://mashilingi.blogspot.com

"Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand
for, because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything."