[kictanet] Bill on Tribal Balance in Social Media

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 10:31:15 EAT 2012

Hi,

Going through my list of friends on facebook I realised that there is a tribal imbalance for example I have no friends from Turkana or even an El Molo.

This got me thinking that with the requirement from government for ethnic reporting and balancing within ministries combined with the CCK/NSIS notification of spying will we soon see a bill on ethnic balancing for social media tabled in parliament?

It will be interesting when you send a friend request and get the message

"you have exceeded your current assignment for tribe X friends, to increase your quota please follow the suggestions below"

1.  Add 2 friends from tribe Y and you will be able to add 1 more from tribe X
2.  Add 1 friend from tribe Z and you will be able to add 5 more from tribe X
3.  Add 10 friends from tribe Q and you will be able to add 20 more 1 from tribe X

or an even more scary one

"Your current ethnic balance contravenes the laws of Kenya if you do not correct this anomaly within 7 days from the date of this notification your account shall be suspended"

Have an ethnically  balanced week

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd