[kictanet] #TurkanaOil-Kenya Discovers

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:17:56 EAT 2012

On 27 March 2012 08:12, Emmanuel Khisa <oloo.khisa at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Oil is not entirely a curse in Africa...Angola is a bright and shining
> example of what oil can do in just a few years...Good things, Great things
> I must add.They don't have it all figured but hey they are trying.
>
> Kenya must also focus on how well they want to utilise these resources for
> we can find negatives in everything as human beings...the challenge is to
> find positives and I pray even as we proceed with even greater caution,
> that we should focus on Hope, Hope for a greater Turkana, sights of better
> equiped schools, hospitals, roads and utilities for if we set the bar too
> low by expecting only the worst then we will miss out on the best that this
> brings...
>
> JustSaying!

While it is not any right to think the discovery of Oil is a problem to
Africa, I think if we have good policies that govern the use and
distribution of resources, then we can go very far. If greedy leaders are
not elected, then we can manage resources equitably
If the foreign nations are not allowed to manage 100% of our resources,
then we would do great in this regard.
What knows what happened of the Titanium project at the Coast?