[kictanet] Media Misleading Citizens?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:27:19 EAT 2012

Listers,

I just saw this on the wall of a popular media house and i am appalled
by the misinformation, why can't our dear journalists do more research
before publishing info, i see why Prof Nyong'o was so agitated during
the Interview on Citizen TV, this is really dangerous? below is the
text..

The Communications Commission of Kenya could have access to your
personal internet content by July this year, if a plan they have set
in motion succeeds. The CCK has signed a 32.6 million shilling deal
with the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) to install a
system that will monitor all incoming and outgoing internet content in
Kenya, and has already requested local internet service providers and
telecommunications institutions to install it.

Do you think this is right?

Hope the concerned will react on time.

--
Barrack O. Otieno