[kictanet] 4 CEOS in 5 years? Something doesn't seem right at KENIC

Alice Munyua alice at apc.org
Tue Mar 20 20:46:27 EAT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I wish to thank you all for the ongoing discussions of KeNIC.

We have acknowledged and taken note of the very substantive
issues raised and proposed recommendations.

We acknowledge that KeNIC, has had its challenges as a growing
organisation in the internet ecosystem.  With this in mind we are
currently undergoing an institutional assessment process to identify
problems across the organisation and opportunities to help us make
improvements.

As we strive to improve KeNiC's effectiveness as a multi-stakeholder
organisation, in an ever changing technical and policy environment, we
would encourage and be very grateful if all stakeholders would attend
the next AGM planed for July 2012, and make similar and/or new
contributions. Voicing these issues at the AGM and in other processes
will continue to strengthen KeNIC in achieving our mission and contribution to internet growth.

We look forward to receiving more constructive comments and
recommendations during this period as well as this year's AGM in July.

We will keep stakeholders informed of developments in the process and dates
for this years AGM.

Best Regards
Alice Munyua