[kictanet] 4 CEOS in 5 years? Something doesn't seem right at KENIC

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:20:12 EAT 2012

All,

What is the metric by which we measure the success of KENIC?  For
Becky it seem that the number of registrations is critical.  For me,
not so much.  I would rather measure the success of KENIC by the
amount of support it gives to Internet development and Internet
Governance development in Kenya and the region.  By this metric, KENIC
has been very successful every year.

If the next KENIC CEO doesn't have to be a Kenyan citizen I would
gladly take on the role, with the caveat that success metrics be
spelled out in advance, and that they not be in conflict with each
other.

If success is judged by number of registrations, it would be trivial
to drop the price dramatically (as KENIC have done this month) and
theoretically registrations should go up.  However, this would mean a
concomitant drop in revenue, which would mean that the NIC can't do
many of the things it has done in the past to further Internet
development in Kenya.

--
Cheers,

McTim

On 3/19/12, lordmwesh <lordmwesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking of reconstituting the board, Members also raised the issue of Who
> is "DRAKE", and who's issues does it represent in he board?

Domain Registrars Association of Kenya (DRAKE), it clearly represents
registrars interests, as it should.

 Members were