[kictanet] ISP Mayhem

Moses Muya mouzmuyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:00:53 EAT 2012

First of all,let me give credit where it is due.As I have said before on
this list,Safaricom has people who know what they are doing!If you ask
me,they are the true Pride of Kenya!Do you see all the complaints you've
had with your ISPs since yesterday?Well,let us just say they are rumours to
me - I have only heard about them but I've not seen any of them - the only
time I was down is when I switched off my devices to take a nap! :)

Isn't it funny that we could describe ISPs by the negative things we've
come to experience about them?Quickly,fill in the answers to the questions
below to see what I'm talking about.

1.0 Which ISP has a customer care that never picks up calls and rarely
resolves issues? ___________________
2.0 Which ISP is known to over-promise and under-deliver?
_____________________
3.0 ISP x launches products into the market and pulls them off even before
you know it.The name of this ISP is? _______________

Do not even think about the Government,if there is only one ISP/MNO who is
familiar with such a term as 'redundancy' then the problem is bigger than
we thought initially!Every time you bring this up they will give you long
theories based on Cost/Benefit analyses and ROI.Then how come someone else
is doing it?Is it that these companies do not understand the effects they
have on people's businesses and organisations or are they just being
careless? If you and I know of these problems then it is safe to assume the
ISPs are aware as well.I keep dreaming of those days when ISPs will not
just be interested in making profits but also in giving good services!

Kind Regards,

Moses Muya.