[kictanet] ISP Mayhem

peter wakaba peterwakaba at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:16:42 EAT 2012

pple opught to take this cable cuts seriously, company i work for pays
million per week to access kenya for bandwidth to stream video and more
millions to orange to call international for about two hours every evening.
we have been down for the last two weeks, having to minimize use of
bandwidth so eery one else can have a slice.... its not only irritating,
but even the tax man will be shocked at how the revenue numbers at the two
companies dip for that one month period (last two weeks and two next till
they sought out the mess.)

Meanwhile some of the worlds deepest pockets (yes right here in kenya) get
to keep their dollars rather than give our economy that much needed
infusion. seriously.

Now there is talk of getting dedicated satellite rather than going through
local ISP( we are quasi govt). This would mean some local guyz will lose
out big time. Plus where is damage control PR, all that jazz? Then to cap
it all, the terrsetrial cable cuts jana and the conmtinued outage today.
puhliz/////