[kictanet] KPLC Prepaid issue

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 08:24:16 EAT 2012

Hi,

The KPLC prepaid system for purchasing tokens using mpesa has been down since midday on 6th March 2012 now that is an issue to be discussed in detail as opposed to the 2 day a year incidents with KNEC.

The inability of KPLC and Safaricom, 2 of the largest listed companies in the country, to resolve the persistent issues with the system reflects very badly on us as a body of ICT experts.

This issue waters down the excitement of another Kenyan developer being fêted for yet another mobile application, could it be that we are only destined to offer client facing solution and lack the skills or dedication to handle the critical backend?

Our reputations are at stage it is time we dug into this issue and provide a long lasting solution.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor