[kictanet] Dr. Ndemo & the KBC Staff Strike

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 21:06:39 EAT 2012

I feel we should sort out our National Broadcaster. It's a pity that other
private media stations have taken over KBCs position as we stood by and
watched. At the moment, KBC still has good will and can recover.

It also does not make sense for we to push for cutting edge initiatives
such as Konza, TEAMS if we are going to let the state at KBC remain as it
is. I am sure they can play  a major role in local content creation.

Having colleagues in the journalistic filed at KBC, I have heard rumours of
situation where the national broadcaster's crew were first at ground
breaking events (read disasters) in the country. However, such news is
broken by private radio stations where the footage is sold even before it
ever gets to KBCs studios. I have even heard more rumours of the
broadcasters equipment being used to shoot footage that ends up with
private broadcasters.

I am sure the leaked payslips of staff at Standard Media Group
<http://thejackalnews.com/media-news/news-media/1688-horror-of-massive-salary-discrepancies-at-standard-group-exposed>led
to most of the staff questioning what it is they did wrong for their
colleagues at media school to end up on the better side of luck .

An amicable solution is required. We are all sure that the national
broadcaster can make enough revenue to sustain a highly skilled workforce,
given the right leadership.

I believe Dr. Ndemo, having seeing his deeds in the ICT sector, can also be
the champion credited with overhauling KBC.