[kictanet] The future is Android - SAFARICOM ACADEMY ANDROID PRESENTATION

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 08:21:48 EAT 2012

Hi,

I was privileged yet again to attend the SAFARICOM ACADEMY ANDROID PRESENTATION at Strathmore University, in addition this year I had the opportunity to seat on the judging panel.

It was an enlightening function as over 30 students presented their android based applications covering a vast number of areas.  The winning application was a shopping cart with a location dependent price update feature that all the judges and even the audience agreed was a brilliant,practical and commercial-able application

The second placed application is a must have, an MPesa cash-book that allows you to keep track of how you are using your mpesa and who is sending you money.

Many of the other products where also well thought through but needed a little more re-evaluation to make them stand out from the crowd.

Now all we wait for is to seeing all the products out there in the public domain, Virtual City's app store, Hewani, has an opportunity here to grow very fast.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor